Monday, March 8, 2010

Weekend

Stacy came over to Billings to visit me for the weekend so I didn't feel like wasting any of our time together writing on here. This is the longest time I've ever been away from home and while this class is something I really want to do, it's hard being away from my family. Having Stacy visit was really nice. We did a little shopping, ate out a couple times, and yesterday morning we took a little trip to Pictograph Cave State Park. It was a really small park a few miles out of Billings. There are 3 small caves, one of which has a few visible paintings on the back wall. There was a walking trail around the site and the weather was wonderful so we had a nice morning walk. I bet it's even nicer when everything is green. The "sound effects" we a little scary as there must be a rifle range (or artillery range) nearby but I think we'll have to go back there next time we visit Billings.























































Jan and I still got together on Saturday and Sunday afternoon for a couple hours. We worked on more stretching and shaping of the face. Yesterday Jan had his bear out to 4 7/8ths inches and mine was out about 4 3/8ths. He'd like to go just a little bit farther, but we ran out of rubber cement to mix up putty. Jan will pick up another can at Montana Leather this morning and we'll do the final push. We've still got a lot of work to do this week, but Jan is pretty sure we'll get it finished by the weekend. He commented that he was pretty sure I'd do a nice job on my bear, but that he didn't expect it to look as good as it does so it sounds like I'm doing well :o)

No comments: