Thursday, March 4, 2010
Day #3 on the grizzly
When I looked at the final picture from day number three, it didn't look like we accomplished a whole lot, but really we did. This day consisted of filling several more layers of putty on the back side of the leather and waiting for each of them to dry. We also started the process of building up the nose area and getting it into the right shape. This is another long process, putting in some putty and letting it dry, adding more, letting it dry. The back teeth in the upper jaw have been roughed in and we started to get the shape around the eyes. Jan took a measurement and we now have the nose out a little over 3 1/2 inches. We've still got a ways to go to get it close to 5 where he thinks we'll be when we are finished. It really is an interesting process and even though he has explained to me how he came up with it, it's hard to believe anyone could figured it all out.