Monday, September 21, 2009

A functional project for a change

Once in a great while I actually make something useful instead of just artistic. When I was getting ready to leave for Rapid City a couple weeks ago, I found out that the track phone I have been using for the last couple years quit working. I don't know why, I keep it in my lunch box and only turn it on about once every couple months. Anyway, Stacy decided maybe I should have a real phone, that it might be cheaper than paying for minutes I never use anyway. I decided that if I am going to have a "big boy" phone, I better take care of it so I decided to make a case for it. I remembered a pattern for a pancake style knife case that I always wanted to try, and decided it might just work for a cell phone case. First step was to make up a replica of my phone out of a couple pieces of scrap skirting leather shaped like the phone. Then I molded and stitched up the new case around the leather model. It was a fairly simple project and I am happy with how it turned out.

No comments: