Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lesson #7 in the Sculptured Leather lesson series

I've been planning to go to Billings to work on the next lesson in our series for several weeks now, but the weather and other things have kept it from working out. I finally made it down there this past weekend and Jan and I worked on an embossed horse portrait. This will also be the subject for one of the classes I'll be teaching at Dimensions in Leather in Australia in July. I've done this project once before, in a class at the Rocky Mountain Leather Trade Show in Sheridan, WY a  few years ago.  We did this one a little different than Jan usually does, leaving the nose attached to the background instead of cutting the entire horse head loose. I think this will make the lesson (and the class) a lot easier.  When the whole head is cut loose, it takes a lot more time and work to finish up the backside of the picture.  Here are pictures of Jan's and my completed projects.

No comments: