Saturday, October 31, 2009

First holster finished



I finished up my first holster this week. It's made for a replica of a 44 mag. My son Jake is hoping to get a real one someday to match the rifle he recently purchased, but he bought the replica gun so we could practice making the holster. He worked up the pattern himself from pictures of different holsters he found on the internet. Jake also cut out the leather and helped with getting the design stamped on it. I did the stamping and the actual construction. It's made out of 5-6 ounce leather, also lined with 5-6 ounce. The finish is just a coat of neatsfoot oil followed by a coat of Neat Lac and then a coat of Skidmore's Leather Cream. I don't know much about holsters, but it fits the gun really well and I am happy with how it looks.

No comments: