Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dimensions in Leather

Cherryl sent out a newsletter yesterday for Dimensions in Leather, introducing me as a substitute teacher for Jan Schooonover at this years conference. . The website for Dimensions in Leather was updated last week too. I guess it's official now.  I remember how  substitute teachers got treated back when I was in school, and  I'm trying not to let that make me too nervous.

One of the classes for the conference is on hairing and feathering techniques. Jan usually teaches how to carve several different horns and antlers in this class along with the hair and feathers. I've been practicing different portions of each class to see how much time they will take and if there are things I need to spend more time on. Here's a picture of the horns and antlers.

No comments: