Monday, November 1, 2010

Lesson #5, will be a bald eagle

November is going to be a busy month. Deer season will take up the first three weekends, then our oldest son Dusty will be coming home for Thanksgiving. That won't leave any time for me to go to Billings so I went this past weekend to get started on the next lesson (even though I'm only half through with lesson #4). Jan decided to do a bald eagle for the next lesson. He did his first eagle back in 1996 before he had taken a class with Robb Barr. His first eagle was done with the plug embossing method that Al Stohlman taught. After Jan learned about leather dust and cutting the leather loose from the background, he could get a lot more 3-D effect. This lesson will teach how Jan creates feather texture along with embossing and coloring the eagle. Here's a photo of the eagle picture I created with Jan this weekend. There is still a little touch up work that needs to be done and a few things I'd do different on the next one, but I was really happy with the way it turned out.

No comments: