Saturday, September 25, 2010

Latest addition to my leather art collection

Over the last several years I’ve been building a collection of leather art from  artist's whose work I admire. The latest addition to my collection is a piece from Paul Burnett. I’ve been a fan of Paul’s work for a long time. Paul is an amazing artist and teacher. He was the first recipient of the Al Stohlman award. You can see more of Paul’s work at the gallery section of his Painting Cow website. Paul does such a variety of different things with leather it’s hard to choose a favorite, but  his eagle head might have to be my choice. The lessons Paul writes are some of the best instructional material you will find anywhere. On his website,  you can sign up for his free lessons  or order his detailed home study courses,  publications, and kits. There is also a gift shop where you can purchase a variety of feather jewelry carved out of leather and colored to look real.

Finished Tom Beecham ODL Cover piece Photo Shop Modified3 (1)

The  piece that Paul created for me was based on a painting by Tom Beecham that was featured on a past  cover of an Outdoor Life magazine. Paul carved and colored it with his usual amazing attention to detail. It’s a great piece of art and I am proud to have a piece of his work to add to my collection. THANKS Paul!

No comments: